Golden Gate MK4 DAC
Considered by many reviewers to be the finest DAC available, the Golden Gate bridges the gap between analog and digital by a very thin margin!
The Golden Gate MK2 DAC is the Big7 DSD DAC made of the MOST expensive parts chosen by our customers in their wish-list survey.
To list some, it would go like this:
- Silver WBT solder used throughout
- Furutech IEC inlet AC socket
- WBT gold / silver RCA output sockets
- Furutech RCA digital input
- ATOM Vishay first capacitor after the tube
- Mundorf M-Lytic HV electrolytes in second stage of PSU
- Mundorf Foil MKP capacitors in third stage of power supply just before the tube anode
- Metal-Film laser cut resistor MLT in Anode Load
- Teflon sockets for all 3 tubes
- Output capacitors are the huge Jupiter-Copper 1uF caps, bypassed by Duelund Pure Silver caps. Yes, a hybrid, best of both worlds, supposedly beating even pure silver one-cap solution.
- All wiring is 26 GA stranded silver in teflon
- Rectifier tube is Emission Labs monstrous Mesh Plate 5U4G
- Music Tubes are Wester Electric Replica 101D / Metal base Psvane
- Digital input SPDIF capacitor is Jupiter Wax Copper 100nF
- Packing in a special customized stage case
- Chassis / box is made of pure copper stamped and powder clearcoated for 100 years of immaculate shine. Copper provides also head dissipation and the best EM shielding possible.
- A set of ceramic / steel roller-block feet supports the DAC
* Price subject to change without notice.