ZOTL 40 Reference Integrated Amplifier
The latest iteration of LTA’s EL34-based amplifier, the ZOTL40 Reference amplifier is an end-game component for guaranteed excellence in any environment.
Linear Tube Audio is proud to present the ZOTL40 Reference amplifier. A worthy flagship and the most refined manifestation of David Berning’s ZOTL design.
The latest iteration of LTA’s EL34-based amplifier, the ZOTL40 Reference includes a new chassis, component improvements, and is supplied with Mullard NOS EL34s that take this 50 watt-per-channel amp to a new level offering one of the best midrange tubes ever invented, so it has very solid midrange and authoritative punch.
“The ZOTL40 was the equal of my solid-state mono blocks when it came to addressing the deep bottom-end bass extension. Where the ZOTL40 MK.II pulled ahead was the overall aliveness and a sense of quickness that was unlike any other tube amplifier I have ever heard.” hometheaterreview.com
“This amp plays any type of music with an unconstrained ease, and can be listened to for hours on end without fatigue. While the convincing three dimensional staging, and densely rendered imaging are fabulous, in my opinion, it is its flowing musicality that is the Z40’s true star-turn. ”
* Price subject to change without notice.
Submit your review
Bought this amp to replace my previous set of mono blocks. Absolutely astonishing sound quality. Feels like my system not only opened up but I have heard bass rhythms like never before. I swear I have never heard my speakers play such low bass in a controlled, crisp manner. This is truly the last amplifier I intend to buy. Rolled the tubes and that improved an already amazing sound. No regrets at all. Have had this amp for over a year, no issues. End of the search for me, for the first time I don't feel that there is anything missing in my sound. Other equipment - Hyperion 938 speakers, Lampizator level 4 Dac.
- Sensitivity: 1.2V provides full output
- Output impedance: 1.6 ohms
- Input impedance: 50k
- 100V / 120V / 240V operation: Auto-switching
- Hum and noise: 94dB below full output (measured between 8Hz-60kHz +0/-0.5dB)
- Gain: 23db
- Power output with 4-ohm load: up to 51W, 0.5% THD
- Power output with 8-ohm load: up to 46W, 0.5% THD
- Frequency response (8-ohm load): 8Hz to 50kHz, +0, -.5dB
- Amplifier class: Push-pull Class AB
- Net weight: 15 lbs
- Dimensions: 17 inches (43 cm) wide, 5 inches (12.7 cm) tall, 13.875 inches (35.2 cm) deep
- Finish: Aluminum case
- Tube complement: two 12AX7s, two 12AU7s, & four Mullard NOS EL-34s - No adjustments – tubes are auto-biased
- Positive Feedback review
- Home Theater review
- TAS 2017 review
- SoundStageUltra review
- Audio Bacon 2021 review
- Raves on Audiogon
- TAS review of the previous model by David Berning
- Inside view
- Audio Asylum forum raves
- Internal opened chassis view/built