Altantic 4 TRP DAC
The Atlantic 4 TRP DAC is the best performance per dollar ever offered by Lukaz Fikus at LampizatOr. It sets the bar very high, and does it in big style.
The “clarity” in this DAC — and by that I mean a combination of immediacy and “openness”, a description that almost defies words if the actual experience of the unveiling isn’t also in the offing — is excellent.
The new Atlantic 4 TRP (tube roller’s paradise)DAC allows end users to run on octal Power Tetrode tubes, like EL34, KT66 KT88, KT90, KT120, KT150, 6550, 6L6, 6V6, 5881, and many other variants. There are hundreds of types and they ALL can be freely rolled in this DAC to obtain desired result. As standard we deliver the DAC with EL34—we choose the best that we can obtain from current production. What makes the Atlantic TRP so versatile is its endless choice of tetrode and pentode tube choices.
The 5 volt rectifiers can also be rolled too! Using 5u4g, 274b, GZ34, GZ408, are just a few examples of options!
LampizatOr’s choice to use power tubes instead of small signal tubes will provide longer tube life and mileage.
* Price subject to change without notice.
Submit your review
This is my second Lampizator DAC, with the first one still going strong at the time of replacement. The only reason for the upgrade was to get a DSD capable DAC (out of curiosity) and some additional digital inputs as I have 3 digital devices I need to switch between. I can attest that their products are built to last and will deliver years of flawless service. I ordered an Atlantic2 DAC with a volume control, so no preamp needed, making it even better value.
Being familiar with the Lampizator sound, I can happily report that this DAC continues where my last one left off it’s fast, with oodles of resolution yet natural sounding. Not having my previous DAC (Amber Level 4) to run an A/B comparison with, it’s hard to say exactly where they differ. Thankfully that ‘Lampizator’ sound is still there, perhaps with a bit more resolution, imaging and headroom.
I feel absolutely NO need to go in search of vinyl nirvana (which will cost significantly more before you have to go in search of vinyl !!) as the Lampizator delivers me that experience with the convenience of digital and of course streaming services delivered via Roon with its DSD engine are just the icing on the cake.
Out the box there is no need to play around with tubes, what Lampizator supplies as stock with the unit is just fabulous. The unit is a keeper, I am not left wondering if other DACS will sound better or pondering on the sound that I am missing, it’s all there, enough said…...
An amazing DAC, nothing short of magic. It does one thing only, dish music out the way it should be experienced.
I always felt a need to tweak a few things with a DAC it replaces. It felt like it couldn't keep up with other gears across genres. I decided to try a Lampi out with a window open to tube-rolling should I experience the same issue I did previously.
To this day, I see no reason to spice it up. It sounded accurate and spacious out of the box, with the sweetness you would expect from a tube-like presentation.
This is one DAC which glues different pieces of equipment together, the result is hearing music. Try it out, I cannot promise that you will not-not want one.
- Size: [W x H x D ] : 43 x 13 (plus tubes 10 cm) x 33 (plus 10 cm for cables at the back)
- Weight: 11 kg net, 14 kg shipping gross
- PCM conversion R2R discrete ladder - up to 26 bit, up to 192 kHz via SPDIF, up to 384 kHz via USB
- DSD conversion via USB only, auto-sensing, auto switching, 64x, 128x, 256x
- Output voltage signal: 3 V pp
- Optional inputs: BNC, second SPDIF-RCA, AES/EBU, Toslink
- Optional colours: front panel silver or anodized black.
- Tube compliment: 4P1L pentode pair, loctal base.
- Output capacitors: Lampizator brand, PureCopper, PP insulated.
- Warranty: 5 years excluding tubes.
* Using DHP - Directly Heated Pentode tubes.
* Running in Single Ended Triode (SET) mode - very purist.
* Conversion by means of Discrete Resistor Ladder DAC (R2R)
* DSD seamlessly playing from mixed PCM playlists (up to 256xDSD) via USB
* Pure Copper output capacitors
* Level 4 type of chassis with Lite 7 power supply (with exposed tubes on top)
* Fabulously musical and easily available 4P1L tubes from the best Soviet military era
The combination of the above factors is impossible to find in any DAC in this price range, maybe even in any DAC period. The most exotic and highest in audiophile hierarchy factors like R2R and DHP make it extremely rare and desired breed of highest performance music players available at any price.