Linear Tube Audio’s ZOTL (Zero hysteresis Output Transformer-Less) amplifiers were invented by scientist/physicist David Berning and is licensed to LTA. ZOTL was and is still considered the most significant improvement and advance in tube amplifier technology since the 1960’s.
The ZOTL10 will give you exactly the same sound as the bigger brother the ZOTL40 but with less power making the ZOTL10 ideal for very efficient speakers such as horn design speakers or speakers in the region of 89DB to 98DB sensitivity. Avantgarde users, pay attention!
The ZOTL10 Power Amplifier provides 10+ watts per channel outputs with accurate, uncolored sound and automatically protected circuitry. The ZOTL10 sets itself apart from its peers, producing an unforgettably palpable and poignant listening experience.
Most tube amplifiers have a sound described as “warm” or “tubey” or “round”. This sound can be very nice to listen to. However, it is the output transformers that produce the “warmth” or the tone of the sound, and it is actually distortion. And the detail of the music gets lost in the “warmth”. There is no doubt that many people love the warmth of what they think is the tube, but is actually the transformer.
The ZOTL amplifiers does not have those colorations, they are incredibly neutral, ultra fast, incredibly tight and controlled with phenomenal articulation and headroom. Its like the amplifier is not there.
• Sensitivity: 1.2V RMS for 10 watts output
• Output impedance 1.2 ohms
• Input impedance: 50k
• 100V / 120V / 240V operation: Auto-switching
• Hum and noise: 94dB below full output (measured at 20Hz-20kHz) • Carrier: -50dB (460kHz)
• Power output with 4-ohm load: 12W, 0.5% THD
• Power output with 8-ohm load: 10W, 0.5% THD
• Frequency response (8-ohm load): 6Hz to 60kHz, +0, -.5dB
• Amplifier class: Push-pull Class AB
• Voltage gain (8-ohm load): 18dB
• Size: 9 inches (23 cm) wide, 8 1/2 inches (22 cm) tall, 18 inches (46 cm) deep (including connectors)
• Net weight: 14 lbs. or 6.4 kg
• Finish: Aluminum case
• Tube complement: two 12AT7s, two 12AU7s, and four EL-84s
H – 8.5″, W – 9″, L – 14.5″ (including binding posts)
NB: If keen to hear it on your system, this may be possible. Audition it against other DACs you might be considering to purchase, you have nothing to lose!