The LampizatOr Amber MK2 now replaces the LampizatOr Level 4 DAC. According to Lukasz, the new MK2 is even better than the previous Level 4 and yet with many more added features!
The LampizatOr Amber MK2 has the same magic as the bigger models at a much more accessible price, selling under 41K in SA (prices may vary depending on rate of exchange). Amazing fluidity, musicality, sense of being-there, absolute naturalness and rendition of instruments timbers and vocals. A fantastic step at getting you a huge slice of what we’ve all come to love about vinyl and analog.
My wife, Belle, walks in from shopping, sits down and listens blindly to both DACs. 30 seconds into the Lampi’s turn, she effuses, “I like this one better!” Ayllon Media review
The LampizatOr Amber MK2 is the entry level LampizatOr DAC and within reach for most audiophiles looking to get a taste of high-end without the high-costs of many so called top-notch brands out there. The Amber MK2 offers you seamless PCM and DSD solution with the superb Amanero USB module built-in and create a wholly tubed DAC that does both DSD and PCM (via USB) as well as S/PDIF for those who aren’t into computer audio (yet).
NEW in 2016 Amber MK2 model:
• Completely new, better digital engine by Lampizator (versus Sabre kit previously)
• Better, Auto detect DSD and PCM on Amanero, not XMOS
• USB input plus RCA S/PDIF (versos Toslink previously) .
• Up to 128 x DSD, up to 385 kHz PCM with perfect muting of arterafcts
• better output – PureCopper Lampizator branded caps (versus Tin foil previously)
• Better Ecc802, Ecc99 and Ecc82 tubes
• Better improved Amber tube output stage (taken from our famous Level 4 DAC)
• Fully Integrated, better digital section PSU
• New dedicated Toroid transformer designed especially for this model (bigger and better regulated)
• 115 or 230 V or dual voltage versus fixed mains.
• Auto detect DSD and PCM
• USB input plus RCA S/PDIF .
• Up to 128 x DSD, up to 385 kHz PCM
• PureCopper Lampizator branded caps.
• Ecc81, Ecc88 and Ecc82 tubes
• 6X5 rectifier diode
• Dimensions 430 mm W, 130 mm H, 330 mm D
• Black or silver aluminum front panel
• SE analog outputs . No XLR balanced even as option (see Level 4 DAC)
• 115 or 230 V or dual voltage.
• Warranty 5 years excluding the tubes.
NB: If keen to hear it on your system, this may be possible. Audition it against other DACs you might be considering to purchase, you have nothing to lose! (Region dependent)