Taken from Audiophilleo’s Website:
Like the Audiophilleo1, the “2” also eliminates jitter artifacts and extracts the maximum sonic performance from your system. Why even get started with less capable devices? They may be priced a little lower, but there’s a reason: They’ll eventually end up in a drawer.
And now you can achieve the highest possible analog-like performance with the PurePower option, regardless of computer source or USB cable. Absolutely no high frequency noise from your PC can make it into your DAC because there is no electrical connection between the two. It has more bang for the buck than expensive USB cables or other external power supplies.
The Audiophilleo2 works with just about any system: You can control the volume from the host music server, an iPad, “downstream” DACs with attentuators, preamps, receiver or integrated amps – even a Logitech Squeezebox Touch.
Just a few minutes of listening will convince you that the Audiophilleo2 is what your system needs to sound its best.
- Direct connection to any DAC without an expensive S/PDIF cable
- Runs with standard USB drivers on Mac, Windows and Linux computers—even latest iPads
- Up to 192 kHz/24 bit playback (free Windows Vista/7 driver update included)
- Add new features in minutes with firmware updates
- Ramped muting is gentle on the ears, ‘phones, amps and speakers
- Always-on S/PDIF output cuts the clicks between tracks
- USB powered for easy installation
- Multi-function LED reports on “health” and status
- Compact and ergonomic: You can take it with you
- Any color you want, as long as it’s a dark, metallic gray
- And the same three-year limited Warranty as the Audiophilleo1
- Ultra-low jitter SPDIF output, 2.6 ps RMS phase jitter 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Asynchronous USB transfer
- Unique regenerative power supply isolates all critical components from computer power supply noise
- No compromise fixed-frequency clocks minimize jitter at all sample rates
- Fully differential ECL transformer-free output stage
- Custom-machined solid aluminum case cuts electrical noise and vibration
- Environment-friendly RoHS compliance